What Should You Do After A Motor Vehicle Accident?
Car, truck and motorcycle accidents occur on North Carolina roadways every day. Unfortunately, these collisions can cause severe injuries, missed days of work and high property damage costs. While traumatic, you need to know what steps to take immediately after the accident to protect your health and financial security. Learn what actions the attorneys of Curcio Anderson Law recommend to protect your best interests.
If you are harmed in an accident due to a distracted, drunk or otherwise negligent driver, you may be able to pursue compensation. Call our Matthews office at 704-755-4028 or contact us online to schedule a complimentary case consultation with our experienced legal team.
Take The Right Steps After A Car Accident
After a motor vehicle accident, your health is the top priority. Seek immediate medical attention if necessary; otherwise, we recommend taking the following steps:
- Call the police. Always call the police after an accident to secure an official accident report. This will be necessary when you file either an insurance or a personal injury claim.
- Take pictures. Use a camera or smartphone to take pictures of all property damage, the scene of the accident and any visible injuries. This can be used as evidence to support your claim.
- Exchange information. Exchange names and insurance information with the other party.
- Speak with witnesses. If anyone witnessed the accident, ask for their name and contact information. This information may be important to verify a claim.
- Seek medical attention. If you did not call for emergency care, visit a medical professional and undergo a thorough exam as soon as possible. Some severe injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, may not show symptoms until days after the accident.
- Call a personal injury attorney. Discuss your case with an experienced lawyer. An attorney can help you communicate with insurers to protect your case and help you determine whether you should pursue a personal injury claim.
Contact Our Responsive Personal Injury Attorneys For Support
We understand the anxiety that accompanies a collision. We will work with you throughout your case to help you pursue maximum compensation and resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. Our firm can help you assess your property damage, secure a rental car, communicate with insurance providers and answer all your questions.