Sometimes a person’s situation can quickly go from bad to worse. A seemingly minor error in judgment could have consequences that have a significant effect on a person’s life. In some cases, that error could cause harm to the person as well as have legal ramifications, such as criminal charges for drunk driving.
It was recently reported that one person in North Carolina is suspected of drunk driving after a recent accident. The following information was provided in the report:
- A car was traveling eastbound in the westbound lane of travel.
- The vehicle collided head-on with an 18-wheeler.
- The driver of the car was trapped inside the vehicle after the crash.
- That driver was transported from the scene by medical helicopter for treatment of injuries at an area hospital.
- The tractor-trailer driver suffered minor injuries.
Authorities noted that there was an odor of alcohol emanating from the car and its driver, and as a result, they suspected that the individual was under the influence. Charges were pending as authorities await to hear whether the driver will survive the serious injuries suffered in the crash. Additional information on the situation may be provided at a later time.
Hopefully, the driver involved in this North Carolina crash will survive the injuries. However, this person’s ordeal will not end there as he or she will have to contend with the drunk driving charges and other allegations that may stem from the situation. Though focusing on recovery is a top priority for this person, gaining information on criminal defense options if charges are filed would be prudent.