It is rare to find an adult who has never had a traffic violation. In fact, many people have multiple traffic infractions. It may seem like a minor occurrence, but receiving a ticket for a traffic violation can result in a slippery slope of consequences that you did not intend on. In addition to the often steep fine of the ticket itself, issues related to a traffic violation include:
- An increase in car insurance rates
- Possible jail time for some offenses
- A potential suspension or revocation of your driver’s license
These consequences for a first or subsequent violation will further negatively impact your life, affecting your ability to:
- Get or keep employment
- Pay bills because of fees
- Keep commitments with family and friends
It can be essential to have a lawyer represent you, even for a misdemeanor traffic violation, to keep your record as clear as possible. This is because of the potential impact of possible charges adding up over time. If your attorney can get your charges reduced or even dismissed, it will help minimize possible consequences if you get another ticket in the future.
Law firms that are experienced in defending clients with traffic violations can help clients with a wide range of charges, including:
- Speeding or running a red light
- Driving without a current license or valid insurance
- DWI from alcohol or drug use
- Reckless driving and hit-and-run accidents
If you are ever in the situation of going to court because of traffic charges, having a lawyer will help ease the stress of trying to defend yourself in court. More importantly, a skilled attorney will be able to individualize your defense to pursue a favorable resolution of your issue.